Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Beginning

I was unsure how to start this first post.  I've never written a blog before and I've gone back and forth about where to begin.  I originally started writing a post that began with this picture of me and all my babies, big babies, little babies, cloth babies, vinyl babies, brown babies, blue babies, white babies, babies with yarn hair, babies with ratty synthetic hair :).  My love for babies....but the story was deeper than that. 

That story that I began writing drug on and on and really it only told the story about Jim and me.  That's not the story that we wanted to tell.

We wanted to tell you a simple story - one that God begun long ago.  One that begins like this, "Today, Jim and I submitted our application to adopt a baby from China...". :)
"I find China!"

This is the beginning, the beginning of a process that will probably take anywhere from a year to 18 months, the beginning of a lot of ups and downs, the beginning of a new normal, the beginning of a new season of difficult coupled with wonderful, the beginning of trying to lay our lives down in a whole new way,  the beginning of a new dependence on God, the beginning of new blessings and the beginning of a new reason for us to call on His name. 
Our blessings and our current reasons to call on His name. ;)

We plan to update our progress on this blog.  You can follow along if you'd like. :) We would ask that as we begin this process that you would remember us in your prayers.  We are excited to have a front row seat in watching God do what He does best - redeem.

"Children are a gift from the Lord. They are a reward from Him." Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment